Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of Production Manager, under the direction of the Entertainment & Activities Director, is to manage all technical aspects of District Live Music Venue and all Live Music and Entertainment Programming for Plant Riverside District. Manages and schedule all A/V technicians and Technical Staff in various locations for all special events, Regular programming, etc. The Production Manager will be responsible for all technical maintenance aspects of the Live Music Venue; as well as, all technical and sound equipment for the Entertainment Department. Will be responsible for maintaining the artistic standards and intentions of The Kessler Collection/JW Marriott, Live Nation, and The Plant Riverside District Entertainment Department.
Standards & Culture
Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Be Engaged: Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others. Get involved!
- Be Aligned: Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results in the Kessler way.
- Be Accountable: Have courage, accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions and expect others to do the same.
Areas of Responsibility/ Tasks
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with the Entertainment & Activities Director to review the requirements of the Daily Entertainment Operations and any other company related correspondence, notices, policies, procedures, and other related details.
- Ensures that the integrity of all shows is maintained per the artist on all technical aspects.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Coordinates, directs, and schedules all activities of stage crew during rehearsals in the live music venue as well as for all live music program need.
- Oversees all pre-sets and all post performance strikes.
- Directs technical teams to assure technical elements for all shows and activities, such as audio levels, are appropriate for the guest demographic and set to the standard of the specific artist.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Acts as Stage Manager during shows calling cues to stage crew; as well as, operating rigging and show control
- Must update and maintain accurate cue sheets for stage staff/back stage tracks; as well as, cue sheets used by the sound and light technicians and spotlight operators.
- Meets and greets all acts, escorts them on and off vessel as needed, and coordinates assistance with equipment and luggage as required
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for Owner/Guest satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Entertainment & Activities Director
- Entertainment Coordinator
- Property EC Team
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - Preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title
- Experience within luxury brand/markets
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 25lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.