Host Person- JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Host Person- JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Hourly (Non-Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||5|
JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
You will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
***This position is expected to start 1/2 month prior to opening date***
Objective / Purpose / Summary:
The primary duties and responsibilities of the host position are to make guests feel welcome, appreciated and to extend to them every courtesy. This includes answering the telephones in a professional and friendly manner, greeting guests warmly and sincerely when they arrive at the restaurant, seating guests gracefully using the appropriate standards and handling any special requests guests may have without hesitation. Every guest should leave the restaurant having had his or her expectations met or exceeded every time. The host/hostess is the face of the restaurant. They are the first and last person our guests will see when they join us for a dining experience.
Supervisory responsibilities for the below mentioned position(s)/department(s) include interviewing, hiring, training, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; mentoring, rewarding and conducting corrective action(s), addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: Education / Certifications / Work/Industry Experience:
1. High School diploma – required
2. Hospitality or customer service experience - required
3. Minimum of 1 experience in Front of House Food & Beverage operations- preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s) & Competencies:
1. Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guests
2. Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly
3. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tables at a time
4. Keeps emotions under control
5. Excellent time management skills
6. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
7. Ability to properly operate the telephone and Open Table reservation system
8. Basic knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor and mixed drinks
9. Ability to respond promptly to customer needs
10. Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
11. Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
12. Basic knowledge of Micros POS system
13. Adaptable to a changing work environment.
14. Local knowledge of the community (attractions activities, etc.)
15. English language and professional communications skills are required
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks: .
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
· Ensure high levels of guest satisfaction utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. standards
· Provide guests with courteous, friendly and efficient service
· Answer phones within 3 rings, using appropriate Kessler Collection verbiage
· Make reservation in OpenTable software system
· Answers questions of guests (i.e., menu details, directions, etc)
· Contact guest/parties prior to arrival to confirm reservations
· Greet guest, escort them to tables, and provide menus
· Coordinate activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons
· Assist servers on the floor during meal periods
· Maintain service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar and room service areas
· Maintain all menus in F&B outlet to ensure they are current and in good repair
· Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results