Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Security Supervisor is to assist the Security Manager with managing the Safety and Security department as well as guard property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry, examples of which are below.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with establishing operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention and firefighting, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orienting and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Collaborates with representatives of local government as permitted to ensure cooperation and coordination of property activities with law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
- Periodically patrols buildings and grounds to watch and report irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and secure doors left unlocked.
- Examines doors, windows and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles and appropriately responds to persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Sounds alarm and/or notifies law enforcement in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property as necessary after verification.
- Records and retains inspections, audits and reports as necessary.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Assist with traffic and crowd control measures to maintain orderly flow.
- Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching and counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication and recommending discipline when appropriate.
- All other tasks/duties assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement – Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight time frames while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Security/Surveillance Manager(s)
- Other Department Teams
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
- Trade related certifications – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequently changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.