Steward/Dishwasher - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Steward/Dishwasher - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Hourly (Non-Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||3|
JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
***This position is expected to start 1/2 month prior to opening date***
Experience / Education / Certifications:
1. Confirmable Outfitter Experience - required
2. Bachelor’s degree in business or related experience and/or training; or equivalent - preferred
3. Hospitality or related industry experience – required
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Can operate dish machines to company and manufacturer specification
· Uses proper measurements of detergent and sanitizer in the dish machine
· Restocks all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots and pans
· Removes all garbage from kitchen
· Breaks down, cleans and sanitizes the dish machine at the end of shift.
· Keeps dish and other storage areas clean and organized
· Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the chef at all times.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
· Knowledge of basic sanitary guidelines
· Knowledge of basic dish machine operations
· Comprehensive understanding of the English language
· Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
· Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water
· Must be able to transport up to 50lbs on occasion and up to 35lbs regularly
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results