Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Starbucks Supervisor is to oversee for the floor coverage, support and assist baristas and cashiers. The incumbent is responsible for supervising Starbucks, ensuring our guests receive a warm and authentic Starbucks experience. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the Starbucks operations, in support of the mission, core values and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises daily shift operations.
- Ensures associates are in compliance with appearance standards.
- Ensure compliance with Marriott BSA Standards
- Ensures training is consistently planned, communicated, completed and documented
- Ensures the store has the appropriate number of certified barista trainers to support new barista training
- Tailors training plans to new baristas’ backgrounds and learning styles
- Is aware of new baristas’ knowledge and skill gaps and can articulate a plan for continued areas of focus
- Leverages PPK tools and training to ensure baristas are prepared prior to the start of each period
- Establishes and maintains store organization using pars, schematics and 5S (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)
- Establishes and maintains inventory flow using the Starbucks Inventory Model, including Point-of-use, Front Stock, Back Stock and signals for replenishment
- Ensures inventory availability and delivery readiness
- Establishes a weekly food plan to meet customers’ needs and minimize waste
- Ensures the store is set and maintained to Siren’s Eye expectations and adjusted appropriately to store-specific needs
- Ensures Customer Support, Ops Station and Station Assessments are used consistently to keep the store clean, safe and ready
- Shares key information on the Daily Plan so Play Callers can run effective shifts
- Completes Store Walk Thru to validate store operations are meeting expectations
- Takes appropriate action based on the PPK and weekly communications
- Models the behaviors that create the Starbucks Experience for team members and customers
- Actively encourages team members to explore their coffee and craft ambitions
- Ensures applicable recognition programs are available and in-use at the store
- Ensures that the store embraces practices that embody Our Mission & Values (e.g., recycling, donations, community partnerships, etc.)
- Creates opportunities to engage in two-way dialogue with their team (1:1s, meetings, etc.)
- Regularly uses a business analysis cycle to assess the business, identify trends and guide activity that improves results in the store
- Identifies gaps as "standards gaps" or "opportunity gaps" and captures next steps using their Leader Weekly Planning Guide or a Big Opportunity Breakdown
- Views problems as improvements-in-waiting
- Identifies barriers to creating the Starbucks Experience and acts quickly to close standards gaps
- Adheres to and upholds Kessler Standards and Practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Shift supervision of all restaurant, lounge, Café, IRD, and pool serving staff
- Restaurant Manager on Duty in absence of F&B Director, Outlet Manager or Restaurant Manager.
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
- Prepared and punctual for all meetings
- Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
- Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
- Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
- Improve professional competency and property/location performance
- Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
- Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
- Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Director of Food and Beverage
- Assistant Director of Food and Beverage
- Starbucks Manager
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- High School diploma - required
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Starbucks Experience – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- Must be able to work safely in a coffee shop environment with high temperatures and humidity
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.