|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Restaurant Server|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Hourly (Non-Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||1|
Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Restaurant Server position is to provide hospitable service to our guests. The incumbent is responsible for serving food and beverage to our guests to create an exceptional guest experience. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
· Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
· Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
· Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
· Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of menu items, beer, liquor and wine
· Present menu, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverage.
· Explain, pair and recommend wine from wine list
· Serve food and beverage in a genuine, friendly, professional and efficient manner consistent with the Kessler image and standards
· Relays orders to kitchen through POS and helps serve courses from kitchen and service bars
· Totals bill and accepts payment
· Proficiently utilizes the property management systems and follow cash handling procedures
· Clears and resets tables at conclusion of each course
· Complete opening and closing procedures as well as daily side-work
· Inventory and restock supplies as needed
· Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, property management systems and access according to specifications
· Maintain a neat and organized work area to include adhering to sanitation standards according to state law and health codes
· Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
· Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
· Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
· Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
· Check guest’s identification and confirm it meets the legal drinking age
· Attend required training and meetings
· All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
· Knowledgeable and compliant with the Marriott BSA standard
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
· Knowledge of guest service etiquette and proper food and beverage serving techniques in compliance with company standards.
· Ability to perform all tasks related to restaurant server and proficiently use job-related software, property management systems and office equipment
· Knowledge of cocktails and proper cocktail mixing techniques.
· Knowledge of wine, beer and all other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
· Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
· Ability to work quickly, prioritize, and maintain service at multiple tables at a time
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
· Ability to demonstrate cash handling procedures and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, upgrades and percentages
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
1. High school diploma, GED Degree, or related training equivalent - required
2. 1+ year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
3. Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
4. Student or graduate of hotel management – preferred
5. Tips Certified - required
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
· Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
· Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
· Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, and stand and walk up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
· Push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results