Purpose / Objective
This position is primarily responsible for computing, classifying, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and processes for payment.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, and cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Compiles cost reports and revenue and balance sheets.
- Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- During month end, performs spot checks of inventory items to verify accuracy.
- Verify and complete Comp worksheet and organize routing packs.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, communicates challenges with managers as needed, and makes corrections.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- Associate's degree OR equivalent years of experience and education - required
- Minimum one year related experience in similar title and level - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of Accounting software, Contact Management systems; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- The majority of time will be spent indoors
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell
- Push, pull, and lift up to up 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds