Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Night Audit position is to provide hospitable service to our guests and maintain a safe and secure environment during the overnight shift. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring a seamless arrival and departure experience, responding efficiently to guest requests, reconciling the day’s transactions and following safety and security protocol. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Perform Manager On Duty tasks and be the hotel’s ambassador during the overnight shift
- Process check-ins, check-outs and room assignments
- Post guest charges and payments, process no-shows and adjust disputed charges
- Run daily reports and contingency lists. Conduct bucket checks to ensure accuracy
- Verify rate codes and make appropriate adjustments on guest’ invoices
- Block and unblock rooms according to the hotel’s need
- Enter financial data into the property management system and process reports
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
- Process and respond to wake-up calls according to the standard operating procedure
- Notify guests of messages and record them legibly and completely
- Maintain knowledge of room types, hotel amenities and features, hours of operation and area attractions
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns and special requests. Follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Log guest requests and concerns according to the standard operating procedure. Communicate with departments in a timely manner
- Solve problems proficiently
- Demonstrate effective sales techniques to upsell rooms, amenities and products
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment , property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Assist guests with luggage and valet services (only if services are provided by the Company)
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all tasks at the front desk and proficiently use job-related software, property management systems and office equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to demonstrate cash handling procedures and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, upgrades and percentages
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of office equipment and property management systems
- Have a valid driver’s license and the ability to park cars with automatic or manual transmission
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Student or graduate of hotel management – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, and stand up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.