PRINCIPAL - PRIVATE COMPANY
Based in downtown Vancouver, Smythe LLP is seeking an experienced and well-rounded senior professional to join our private company group. As a member of the Private Company Group, you will be responsible for delivering high quality assurance, taxation and business advisory services to the Firm’s clients, as you work directly with Partners and staff. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a demonstrated ability to influence and execute.
Smythe LLP is a member of Allinial Global and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver, British Columbia, with other offices located in Langley, Nanaimo and North Vancouver. Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation, insolvency, and business advisory services for private and public companies, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients. We are a progressive firm which believes in constant improvement and investing in technology and support that will make us better. We have a depth of experience and expertise in many industry sectors, including real estate and construction, hospitality, technology and resource industries. Our website is www.smythecpa.com.
As a key member of our growing management team, you will actively contribute to the success of the Firm by delivering exceptional client service and leading and coaching your team. In this role, you will act as a trusted business advisor, working with clients to solve problems and help them achieve their business goals.
- Full responsibility over client listing, including accounting, assurance and tax engagements, such reviews engagements, compilations, and personal/corporate tax compliance. All assigned clients will be assigned a file manager in addition to you as the Principal.
- Perform final Firm-level review and sign-off on all engagements, after detailed review performed by assigned manager
- Plan and lead teams, ensuring expectations are set and clearly communicated
- Promote Firm expertise and services
- Build and strengthen client relationships
- Drive the attainment of team objectives
- Responsible for effectively coaching and developing managers to grow in their careers, setting team and personal goals, and developing necessary skills that get results
- Promote a culture of flexibility and inclusiveness
- Promote the Firm’s culture and core values: collaborative, rewarding, excellence, progressive, and empowering
- Understand the Firm’s financial targets and work to achieve those targets as you deliver services
- Designated CPA with a minimum of 1 to 3 years experience as a principal or equivalent within public practice
- Must have a Review Licence with CPABC or meet licensing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to sign off on review and compilation engagements; the ability to sign off on audit engagements is not required but is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage and monitor multiple complex projects
- Direct client service experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong coaching and people development skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial awareness and management of services delivered to clients
- Ability to build strong and meaningful connections with colleagues and clients, based on trust and respect
- A desire to learn and adapt in a challenging environment
- Completion of In-depth tax courses are a definite plus
The Smythe Advantage
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support. Our culture is highly supportive and embraces diversity. Our benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus
- Health and dental coverage
- Annual wellness fund
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- An active social committee that coordinates firm-wide social events to promote collaboration and people connections
- A wellness committee that is committed to bringing employee health and wellness to the Firm by promoting and supporting physical and mental health
- A Joint Health and Safety Committee and Return to Work Task Force to ensure we are working in a safe work environment during the pandemic
- A sustainability and community committee that focuses on coordinating initiatives that allow us to give back to our community and make the Firm more sustainable
We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career in the areas of technical learning, people development, business development and community support.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.