Smythe LLP is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Tax Manager with solid tax planning and compliance experience to join our growing practice in our Langley office.
Smythe LLP is a member of Allinial Global and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver and British Columbia. Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation and business advisory services for private and public companies, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients.We have a depth of experience and expertise in many industry sectors, including real estate and construction, hospitality, technology and resource industries. Our website is www.smythecpa.com.
As part of our Canadian Tax Group, you will work directly with clients and Partners to provide tax planning and compliance services to a diverse client base. The ideal candidate will be a Tax Manager with solid public practice tax experience. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual that wants to work in a fast-paced environment with a growing firm.
- Manage and coordinate tax planning and compliance services for corporations, partnerships, trusts and individuals
- Assist with tax advisory and planning engagements, including drafting written memorandums and instruction letters
- Identify opportunities to provide tax planning and other special services
- Adapt and prioritize to address client service needs; advise clients by delivering high quality tax service and advice Identify and research technical tax issues
- Remain up to date on new tax legislation and case law
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to staff
- Minimum 3 years of relevant tax planning and compliance experience
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Program
- Tax Manager with strong analytical skills, the ability to identify and research tax issues and the creative spark to formulate innovative solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with inbound and outbound cross-border tax compliance, including foreign reporting (T106, T1134 and T1135 forms), foreign accrual property income and surplus pools
- General understanding of the Canada-US Tax Treaty
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a passionate client service orientation
The Smythe Advantage
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support. Our culture is highly supportive and embraces diversity. Our benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus
- Health and dental coverage
- Annual wellness fund
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- An active social committee that coordinates firm-wide social events to promote collaboration and people connections
- A wellness committee that is committed to bringing employee health and wellness to the Firm by promoting and supporting physical and mental health
- A Joint Health and Safety Committee and Return to Work Task Force to ensure we are working in a safe work environment during the pandemic
- A sustainability and community committee that focuses on coordinating initiatives that allow us to give back to our community and make the Firm more sustainable
We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career in the areas of technical learning, people development, business development and community support.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.