Smythe LLP (Smythe) is looking for a team orientated and personable Business Analyst to join the team to help advance the digital transformation objectives of the firm.
As a member of the Digital Business Services (DBS) team, you will work directly with our various stakeholders and the DBS team to detail requirements, assess system changes and support systems improvement efforts throughout the firm. This role works closely with the CIO to bring the firm’s technology strategy to life.
Smythe is a Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) firm with office locations in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Langley and Nanaimo. With over 200 staff and partners, Smythe has the resources to serve businesses of all sizes, both private and public, and is one of the largest independent CPA firms in BC.
Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation and business advisory services for private and public companies, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients.
We have a depth of experience and expertise in many industry sectors, including real estate and construction, hospitality, technology and resource industries.
The Business Analyst provides strategic technology support to the firm through the development of detailed processes and functional requirements, as well as supporting the identification and implementation of various software applications to improve firm operations.
- Document system requirements, reflecting the user experience requirements, business rules and system requirements
- Research and develop use cases/ business cases for various software applications
- Provides input into design, development, documentation, and implementation testing methodology and frameworks to ensure adequate quality of solutions developed for the firm.
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation to support the implementation of systems including user manuals, how-to guides and job-aids.
- Supports user training and assesses user change readiness for system implementation activities
- Working with the CIO, researches and provides recommendations on solutions to advance the strategic plan
- Works closely with the DBS team to implement solutions and make enhancements to configurable solutions to better meet the needs of the firm
- Significant experience documenting current and future state business processes, systems, and tools – especially within a professional services or accounting firm setting
- Ability to analyze problems and situations, and their impacts to business operations and the customer
- Experience working with a variety of systems development initiatives
- Lean Greenbelt or other certification an asset
- Proven ability to support and facilitate workshops and problem-solving sessions with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience with a variety of project management/ business analysis/ user experience design methodologies
- Experience leading or conducting user acceptance activities on projects
- University degree and/or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred
- Professional services or Accounting firm experience preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and professionally to a variety of audiences
- Professional and outgoing demeanor
- Self-motivated team player, willing to take initiative
The Smythe Advantage
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support. Our culture is highly supportive and embraces diversity. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage
- Annual wellness fund
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- An active social committee that coordinates firm-wide social events to promote collaboration and people connections
- A wellness committee that is committed to bringing employee health and wellness to the Firm by promoting and supporting physical and mental health
- A Joint Health and Safety Committee and Return to Work Task Force to ensure we are working in a safe work environment during the pandemic
- A sustainability and community committee that focuses on coordinating initiatives that allow us to give back to our community and make the Firm more sustainable.
We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career in the areas of technical learning, people development, business development and community support.
If you want to learn more about Life at Smythe, follow us on Instagram.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.