The Senior Consultant works collaboratively with senior leadership, client delivery teams, client relationship managers, and other Associates within the firm to support the initiatives of the firm. The qualified individual will be responsible for the following.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing complex projects within established budgets and regularly monitoring the success of sequential project steps and tasks; introducing appropriate interventions or activities to keep timeline, quality, and deliverables on track.
- Drafting successful client proposals, comprehensive work plans, presentations and reports to address client needs.
- Overseeing the development of project deliverables by more junior associates, reviewing for technical accuracy, quality, completeness, timeliness and use of appropriate language.
- Serving as the subject matter expert for junior associates; proactively sharing knowledge, use of tools, processes and methodologies established by the firm and those specific to practice areas to effectively guide more junior associates in complex research, data collection and analytics.
- Managing team productivity through the development and maintenance of pipelines to ensure ongoing projects for full associate resource utilization, including prioritizing work and demonstrating effective delegation of project tasks, as appropriate, to analysts and consultants based on skill sets, efficiency, available time and project deadlines.
- Effectively keeping the project manager and client relationship manager apprised of project status, including delays or potential problems; holding self and team members accountable for client deadlines and deliverables.
- Acting as a key client liaison, including building client relationships through serving as a key point person for client questions, attendance at client meetings, and being proactive in anticipating client needs and questions.
- Expanding current client services and introducing other SullivanCotter service offerings to grow client revenue, and identifying prospective project opportunities and client referrals.
- Participating in and contributing to the successful marketing and prospective activities with SullivanCotter target prospects and other organizations.
- Developing and implementing tools, work product templates, processes and methodologies that will improve productivity and quality.
- Leading and participating in appropriate client delivery team meetings to understand team and client initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, ideally with an emphasis in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, accounting or not-for-profit management; master’s degree preferred.
- Must have compensation consulting experience.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible consulting/business-related experience required, involving data analysis, financial modeling, program design and/or compensation program administration.
- Demonstrated not-for-profit sector expertise strongly preferred.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Basic programming experience is a plus.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred.
- Role model problem solving and critical thinking skills, and the ability to:
- Visualize and articulate a higher level of complex problems and concepts, recognize patterns in complex sets of data, and develop practical models.
- Analyze and interpret data using advanced modeling techniques.
- Anticipate challenges, identify alternate solutions, and drive the removal of obstacles impeding project/team progress.
- Apply statistical methods to analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, writing, verbal and presentation skills are required, including the ability to:
- Foster an open and effective channel of communication with clients and across teams and provide constructive feedback that helps junior associates develop skills and experiences.
- Make clear and convincing oral presentations that demonstrate the understanding of the audience and the subject matter.
- Successfully tailor communications to the audience, as appropriate.
- Effectively present facts, analysis, and conclusions/solutions in a way that demonstrates command of content; factors in perspectives and interests of the audience.
- Write concise project communications, documents, and presentations with appropriate level of technical detail and complexity.
- Excellent project management, organizational skills, and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exudes strong professional presence and demeanor.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with complex project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity.
- Willingness to contribute to project success regardless of type of task (i.e., “roll up the sleeves approach” to teamwork).
- Demonstrates selfless collaboration across all levels of the organization.
- Proactively cultivates a diverse, inclusive and equitable workforce.
- Intellectual curiosity; proactively demonstrates a passion for continuous learning, and a desire for exposure to different ideas.
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.