SullivanCotter is experiencing substantial growth and is seeking to hire experienced Principals who will have complete accountability for the lifecycle of new and creative compensation consulting services, from developing strategies and plans to driving execution. The Principal will serve as leadership of the firm and will provide excellent leadership and create a culture of high achievement and excellent client service. This person will be tasked with the responsibility of leading client delivery projects, ensuring high quality, holistic solutions and timely delivery. The Principal will be responsible for maintaining strong client relationships with key clients and prospects, along with supporting the growth and development of core practice initiatives and services in their area of expertise.
- Communicate the significant value proposition of the firm’s entire service portfolio.
- Provide exceptional leadership and foster a culture of high engagement, accountability and high-quality, timely delivery and client service.
- Develop and nurture client relationships.
- Act as engagement leader for large, complex engagements.
- Assist in the growth and development of the Employee Workforce Practice while consistently building an effective pipeline.
- Instill confidence among clients, which will further the growth and development of key client relationships.
- Work effectively as a team member and facilitate the sales opportunity by providing leadership and orchestrating the internal and external resources needed to effectively manage the sales process.
- Speak at conferences and association meetings, and authors articles and white papers.
- Demonstrating role model behavior in the ability to build and foster a collaborative work environment that improves Associate engagement and attracts and retains valued contributors.
- Fostering collaboration at all levels across the organization and encouraging staff to draw upon each other to work together within and across practice and industry areas and project teams.
- Influencing colleagues at all levels by understanding and adhering to SullivanCotter standards, procedures and approaches.
- Demonstrating a strong market/industry reputation and network of professional contacts that supports building a pipeline of new clients and potential recruits for SullivanCotter.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 13+ years of successful work experience in consultative compensation services.
- Must have a BS or a BA degree.
- Polished executive presence with the ability to interact with senior executives and business leaders as a consultative partner and strategic advisor, not a vendor.
- Experience in broad-based rewards.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical ability and quantitative skills.
- Strong professional presence and demeanor.
- Demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles and does the right thing, no matter who's watching.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, accountability, truthfulness and that actions and intentions are consistently aligned with the organization’s core values.
- Demonstrates selfless collaboration across all levels of the organization.
- Proactive cultivates a diverse, inclusive workforce.
- Proactively demonstrates a passion for continuous learning, and a desire for exposure to different ideas.
- Advanced degree is not mandatory but considered a plus.
- Experience at a consulting firm, law firm or large health care organization.
- Consulting experience in the health care industry.
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.