PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and defines the objective of an assigned marketing research project; determines the best methods to use to meet those objectives.
- Drafts questionnaires, polls, surveys, and other data collection resources.
- Researches and compiles data related to current product market, customer demographics and interest, and factors influencing product demand; analyzes results to identify ways of maximizing sales and market penetration of current products.
- Compiles data related to competitors’ products such as pricing, sales, and marketing or distribution methodology.
- Summarizes and analyzes data; makes recommendations related to research findings.
- Reports findings, complete with graphs illustrating data and written text explaining complex findings.
- Identifies potential new products or markets through research.
- Forecasts and tracks industry marketing and sales trends based on collected data.
- Delivers reports and presentations of findings to management and/or executive leadership.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing research, statistics, math, or related field required; MBA preferred.
- One to two years of business-related experience is required, preferably involving data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design.
- Experience working within a consulting, compensation or health care-related firm is preferred.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Basic programming experience is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to:
- Gather, analyze and organize data using a logical and systematic process.
- Ascertain relevant and irrelevant data when conducting analytical work.
- Visualize and articulate problems and concepts in a systematic manner.
- Recognize patterns and issues in sets of data.
- Identify obstacles impeding project progression.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and tailor communications, formal or informal, to the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior research and analytical skills.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and methodologies into easily understood language.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs.
- Confidence and ability to work independently, as well as in a team structure.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Ability to work well with and manage a certain degree of ambiguity.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.