PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management and Client Relationship Management
- Design or redesign incentive plans, conduct job evaluations – including salary grade guideline models, create compensation guidance tools, and advise HR Business Partners on client compensation policies and practices.
- Design and deliver compensation training, work with HR Business Partners on reorganizations, job design and redesign, job evaluation and market pricing, exemption status determination, etc.
- Assess and advise on how to design and administer compensation programs to achieve business goals and effectively manage the workforce. Provide guidance on how to use compensation tools and practices to improve business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Design incentive plans or alternative reward systems. Analyze incentive plan structures (analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of incentive plans), compensation structures; identify opportunities to improve alignment and strengthen plan design.
- Oversee the analysis of executive and non-executive salary and incentive structures, evaluate findings, and recommend changes.
- Provide day-to-day management client relationships (current and new) – specifically large, complex client relationships requiring highly seasoned technical expertise and relationship skills:
- Independently responsible for collaborating in the development and design of complex project management plans.
- Interact regularly with clients and assist as a client advisor, including attending project meetings, building and maintaining client relationships, and being proactive in anticipating client needs and questions.
- Make appropriate modifications and approve final comprehensive, timely, and successful project work plans and sequential steps to address client issues.
- Develop strategic plan design and implementation strategies that address clients’ needs and provide creative solutions.
- Oversee execution and delivery of projects that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Accurately analyze client needs and expectations to identify and use Firm-wide resources and subject matter expertise to maximize client satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain strong client retention and high client satisfaction levels over an extended timeframe.
- Manage and mentor Client Delivery Team (CDT) assigned to project, driving CDT focus on identified client strategies and objectives that contribute to successful performance and the Firm’s competitive advantage.
- Review budget with CDT Leader, monitoring staff hours versus budget and approving client invoicing.
- Lead efforts to ensure that client work is performed consistently according to SullivanCotter’s standards, including adhering to the Firm’s quality assurance (QA) policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development or quality review of Firm-designated tools, processes, and methodologies to ensure greater efficiency, higher productivity, and greater project quality.
Strategic Marketing, Business Development and Sales
- Generate client consulting opportunities by identifying appropriate business targets, engaging opportunity, executing a strategic sales process, and managing the prospect intake procedure.
- Expand current client services by introducing other SullivanCotter service offerings to grow client revenue and identify prospective project opportunities and client referrals.
- Partner with Managing Director and Practice Leaders to develop strategies for generating new revenue and expanding the Target Market client portfolio.
- Participate in and contribute to successful marketing and prospecting activities with SullivanCotter target prospects and other organizations.
- Lead and delegate sales campaigns within the Business Development and Marketing Teams.
- Develop and maintain client and prospect pipelines to ensure ongoing projects for full staff resource utilization.
- Provide thought leadership for the strategic development of consulting service offerings that address trends in the health care and compensation consulting industry.
- Develop third-party professional relationship contacts (e.g. law firms, other consultants, benefits administrators or trustees) and become active in local and industry-related associations and networks to drive business growth opportunities.
- Define gaps in consulting talent to support practice and client delivery and the skills and experiences needed to close the gap.
- Model behaviors for building and fostering a collaborative work environment that improves Associate engagement and attracts and retains valued contributors.
- Foster collaboration at all levels across the organization and encourage staff to draw upon each other and work together within and across practice and industry areas and project teams.
- Influence colleagues at all levels by understanding and adhering to SullivanCotter standards, procedures, and approaches.
- Demonstrate a strong market/industry reputation and network of professional contacts that supports building a pipeline of new clients and potential recruits for SullivanCotter.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in a business-related field – ideally with emphasis in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, accounting, or health care administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible consulting and business experience at the Senior Consultant level, involving data analysis, financial modeling, program design, or compensation program administration.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a Human Resource (HR) consulting firm or seven (7) years of healthcare corporate experience at the middle to senior management level.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in compensation or benefits consulting in such areas as base salary structures, incentive compensation, and performance management systems – preferably in the health care industry.
- Seven (7) plus years of experience in selling management, business, or HR consulting projects involving strategy or operational improvement services. Experience in selling consulting solutions to the health care market is a plus.
- Demonstrated industry expertise keeping abreast of research, new regulatory developments, techniques, and innovations. Established membership and participation in health care/business community associations is preferred.
- Ability to establish new client relationships through cold calling, networking, and prospecting techniques via research-based tools.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Role model problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and the ability to:
- Breakdown complex client issues into manageable parts for systematic application of tailored service offerings that collectively address the larger issue.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively recognize links between complex industry pressures, client business influences, and regulatory environmental factors when developing strategic solutions to complex problems.
- Elicit and integrate individual client issues into the context of their total compensation strategy to determine appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully assess client risks, benefits, and parallel solutions and effectively weigh the costs, benefits, and risks for success in making decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, writing, oral, and presentation skills are required, including the ability to:
- Foster an open and effective channel of communication with clients and across teams that facilitate rapid problem resolution and satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a strong command of business language and industry terminology; effectively review and guide the communication skills and abilities of more junior staff and speak with and influence C-level executives and senior management members.
- Serve as a role model in everyday communication and provide constructive feedback that helps other Associates develop personal skills and effectiveness.
- Serve as a role model in presenting effective and best-in-class client proposals, reports, and presentations that engage the audience and result in successful projects and new clients.
- Effectively respond to matters by drawing upon industry knowledge, subject-matter expertise, client research, and skills and experiences to effectively manage audience inquiries.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Project management certification is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully manage and direct complex project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain longstanding relationships with clients.
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work under tight deadlines and changing needs.
- Ability to lead a group and exhibit successful and positive role model behaviors.
- Ability to, and interest in, developing junior staff.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status). SullivanCotter is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law or marital status.