- Organizations and their boards partner with SullivanCotter to gain access to experienced health care and not-for-profit consulting teams. Our teams provide leading research on all aspects of total compensation and rewards practices and insights that support organizational change. Our comprehensive and integrated workforce solutions, which include insights from our Executive, Physician and Advanced Practice Provider (APP) and Employee workforce practices on compensation and performance strategies, are supported by our industry-leading compensation and productivity data. These data enable us to advise our clients and help them achieve their strategic objectives faster and most efficiently.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
- As an Intern at SullivanCotter, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading compensation and rewards professionals across both the health care and not-for-profit sectors, while building your professional and analytical skills in a variety of project experiences.
- You will help our clients better understand their rewards programs and assist in developing a customized approach to compensation and workforce performance solutions while you gain experience in project management administration and team collaboration, salary and human resource analytic processes and knowledge of the health care industry.
- The internship will begin in June 2023 and last 10-12 weeks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting research to understand industry and organization-specific issues, including financial information, compensation and rewards, workforce metrics and structures and corporate performance.
- Researching, gathering and analyzing data to determine the appropriate salary level and job title for existing and proposed positions.
- Conducting market pricing, assisting in peer group selection, survey analyses, interpreting salary data, financial modeling and special research projects.
- Assisting with various activities related to project management processes, describing and summarizing project objectives, methodologies, analysis, and results as well as quality reviewing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or master's degree in business, finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, or related field. Other majors may be considered based on relevance and experience.
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0.
- Understanding of Windows-based applications including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to:
- Gather, analyze and organize data using a logical and systematic process.
- Ascertain relevant and irrelevant data when conducting analytical work.
- Visualize and articulate problems and concepts in a systematic manner.
- Recognize patterns and issues in sets of data.
- Identify obstacles impeding project progression.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and tailor communications, formal or informal, to the audience.
- Competent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs.
- Confidence and ability to work independently as well as in a team structure.
- Exceptional collaboration and team orientation skills.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status). SullivanCotter is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law or marital status.