The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
The New Product Planning Manager for Healthcare Informatics is a critical role within ZOLL Cardiac Management Solutions that will drive long-term strategies for cloud and digital informatics. The position is for a high-energy innovator with a strategic mindset that can develop healthcare informatics strategies and implementation plans for both short and long term. The individual will have a strong combination of business acumen, technical skill within digital, cloud, and mobile technologies, understanding of the healthcare information system environment, and the ability to create a long-term strategy.
This is a highly strategic role that is critical for ZOLL’s long-term success and ensuring we can optimally leverage data insights to maximize impact on patients with heart disease.
Duties and responsibilities
Primary job duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Develop long-term healthcare informatics strategies that optimize our market position and create sustainable competitive advantages.
- Perform market research to identify global healthcare information technology market trends and drivers, technology developments, remote patient monitoring trends, and reimbursement trends that will shape the future of healthcare delivery.
- Develop short and long-term strategies based on derived insights, business objectives, and other identified technology and clinical trends.
- Work with peers to drive overall execution of development and launch of products/solutions in target markets as part of a cross functional business teams including R&D, clinical, sales, marketing, IT, operations and finance
- Drive business strategy to integrate real world data into clinical data platforms.
- Develop business requirements for new products and enhancements to existing software products; work with R&D on functional specifications and feature/function prioritization
- Work across R&D, Services and Operations to develop integrated offerings that meet the needs of priority customer segments, tailored by market
- Become a subject matter expert for data integration technologies involving telehealth-supported services, with an overarching focus on effectively impacting management of patients and clinicians managing heart disease.
- Develop business cases for new products and services for consideration in the portfolio management process
- Develop and maintain five-year strategic vision for product roadmap
- Generate compelling market insights based on research, data, and other acquired inputs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or information systems technology related discipline; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in medical device new product planning, product management, or strategy is required
- Expertise in data structures and predictive analytics preferred
- Working knowledge of wireless communication technologies, clinical systems and their application in the healthcare environment is essential
- Familiarity with real world data and provider-facing software (e.g. EMR systems), including the challenges associated with accessing and using them
- Prior new product planning and strategy development experience required
- Understanding of how businesses can successfully employ data storage and analytics tools to drive improved business outcomes
- Prior experience in the healthcare informatics preferred
- Strong understanding of trends impacting care delivery, including value-based care, population health management, and healthcare technology preferred
- Experience in software development, design architecture and implementation experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of new product planning and strategic planning processes required
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills, and strong business acumen required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and well-honed interpersonal and leadership skills are required.
- Independent thinking and a high level of initiative and the ability to interact well with patients, physicians, customers, and key opinion leaders are essential.
- Must be an effective leader in a matrixed environment.
- Cardiology clinical knowledge preferred
- Approximately 30% travel required
This position is generally performed in a typical office environment that is usually quiet. Employee is expected to work collaboratively with team members, as well as able to work independently with limited supervision. Work will require significant computer and telephone work.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
ZOLL is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace, where unique identities, backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences are respected and valued.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran