The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
- Responsible for proactive and effective supplier management and ensuring that suppliers have excellent measurement system capability, process capability, and process controls.
Duties and responsibilities
- This position will support the development of the long term vision for supplier quality ZOLL and will execute the tactical plans to support this vision.
- Responsible for supplier quality performance and risk reduction within the supply chain. Has influence on commodity strategies.
- Along with commodity management, is responsible to qualify and manage suppliers to maximize the net value of the supply chain network. Net value optimizes the balance of risk, cost, quality, delivery, speed, and flexibility.
- Responsible for measuring and reporting supplier performance metrics and driving supplier improvements.
- Responsible to ensure that process and quality improvements are driven in an aligned manner within the supply base and internally within QA and Procurement.
- Develops and implements systems and processes for supplier management that are in compliance with corporate policies, FDA QSR, ISO 13485:2003 and other quality requirements, regulations and standards.
- Responsible to identify improvement opportunities in the supply chain network, or with internal processes, and to make continuous improvements.
- Remain current on commodity and economic market conditions and take proactive measures to protect supply and improve net value of the supply chain network.
- Key participant in supplier strategic business reviews.
- Work directly with suppliers to dramatically improve overall part quality. Drive improvements to their overall quality systems.
- Drive issue resolution with suppliers, Quality, Engineering, and Production/Service.
- Supports the supplier certification program. Ensure supplier report card process is in place. Generate appropriate performance metrics and drive resolution of issues.
- Drive department projects such as reducing the need for incoming inspections, vendor to stock improvement, and electronic certificates of compliance.
- Travel to supplier facilities to review and enhance their effectiveness and capabilities. Issue supplier audit reports and follow-up on supplier actions to satisfactory completion.
- Provide leadership in the investigation of supplier and/or component performance issues, including corrective and preventive actions and driving continuous improvements.
- Manage supplier audits and resulting Supplier Corrective Action activities.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and cost savings activities as determined in goals and objectives.
- Work with all groups within the organization to ensure business objectives are being met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Engineering; MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant Quality and Supplier Management experience with a proven record of achievement.
- Lead Auditor Certification a plus
- Project management experience with MS Project a plus.
- Excellent skills in negotiation, communication and analysis.
- Must be resourceful and independent.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to thirty percent, including international travel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Behavioral: Highly-motivated team contributor, sets a ‘high-bar’ of achievement for self and others, works outside of functional ‘boundaries’ for the betterment of the company, actively collaborates and builds trust with people, makes and keeps commitments, keeps stakeholders informed, delivers results.
- Strong understanding of measurement systems capability, process capability, and process control. Experience implementing these systems in production.
- Knowledge of electronic and mechanical assembly operations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
No Direct Supervisory Responsibility
ZOLL is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace, where unique identities, backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences are respected and valued.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran