The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
Position Summary: Field-based position to train and motivate new and tenured Territory Managers to meet and exceed their segment plans by spending 2-3 full days in the TM’s territory, coaching and counseling to areas which need development post-TM’s participation of initial training period and attendance of corporate training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with RM’s to formulate individual development plans for new and tenured TM’s, track progress and provide recommendations to ensure development goals are met.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Managers to onboard and train new TM’s in the most effective way possible.
- Assist TM’s to execute POA’s as well as other marketing and sales initiatives.
- Regularly conduct weekly scheduled field visits with TM’s that achieve objectives set by their RM and AD. Proactively provides recommendations that align with business strategies within the region.
- Provide written follow-up and observation reports that highlight and address TM’s strengths and areas for improvement or development.
- Assess territory with regard to history, territory type, existing prescribers, known territory issues or concerns with TM. Assess territory metrics and performance trends to identify areas of focus and/or improvement to achieve goals and objectives.
- Identify and promote TM best practices. Assist TM’s to identify opportunities to best utilize tools, internal support resources and marketing materials (AC’s, PSR’s, Speakers, PR, Mailers, Programs and exhibits)
- Develop tailored training and development strategy specific to each TM following assessment and each TM’s current business plan including opportunities, expectations, objectives, implementation, and timeframes.
- Educate and reinforce the need for TM’s to adopt and apply the ZOLL Selling Skills methodology and understand the sales cycle.
- Help TM’s to establish risk, risk-stratify, and handle objections by using relevant data in a conversational manner when meeting with physicians.
- Review and analyze business plans to provide training and development recommendations. Collaborate with TM, RM and AD to develop customized training and development strategies, for each TM to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Develop, lead and manage special projects for regional and other companywide training and development initiatives.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at this time
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Two or more years’ experience successfully working in a clinical environment, sales, and/or training and mentoring role. Experience in the medical products industry and working with physicians would be a plus.
- Clinical knowledge of/experience with ECG interpretation, basic cardiac anatomy, and physiology, etc. a plus.
- Must be comfortable calling on physicians in an office or hospital setting.
- Must be self-directed, work autonomously, and follow company SOP’s.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, create and develop training content and development plans. Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, able to effectively engage small and large-scale audiences with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to edit and create Word documents containing graphics, manage spreadsheets, prepare presentations, send and receive e-mail, obtain information from the internet, etc. Computer Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook and audio-visual equipment.
- Good communication and phone skills, which includes the ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels within the organization as well as directly with TM’s, RM’s, and AD’s.
- Small and large-scale project management experience with the ability to prioritize assignments while working on various projects simultaneously.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems and make appropriate judgment calls to ensure the correct outcome.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.