The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
The Medical Record Abstractor will be responsible for supporting ZOLL’s research efforts through reviewing and interpreting medical data found within patient charts. The position is also responsible for maintaining appropriate documentation and recordkeeping as needed for research activities. The position provides support for Clinical Research Scientists and any other cross-functional team within the company in all undertakings as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and interpret medical records for data abstraction as needed per client instructions.
- Enter pertinent data into a database.
- Support ongoing LifeVest clinical trials in medical charts review and case report form data entry.
- Provide feedback to project manager regarding the abstraction process, resources required to complete abstractions accurately.
- Maintain relationships with staff to facilitate medical record data abstraction process in timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- Education: medical assistant or medical coder with ≥2 years of experience, or nursing degree.
- Must be fluent in medical terminology and medical acronyms.
- Basic computer skills (data entry, web browser, Microsoft Office suite including spreadsheets) are required.
- Knowledge of HIPPA guidelines and procedures is required.
- Previous experience working with medical chart abstraction is desirable.
- Previous cardiology and/or cardiovascular surgery experience is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of electrocardiogram interpretation is desirable.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is generally performed in a typical office environment that is usually quiet. Employee is expected to work collaboratively with team members, as well as able to work independently with limited supervision. Work will require significant computer work.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this role.
ZOLL is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace, where unique identities, backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences are respected and valued.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran