Here at Atlantic Bay, we focus on genuinely caring for both our customers and team. We pride ourselves on being adaptable and energetic, especially in fast-paced environments! Our goal is to continuously inspire growth, for each of our team members to reach their goals and aspirations, all the while having fun. We’re in the business of lending peace of mind, whenever, wherever, however.
Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group, recently voted #1 in the nation as the best large mortgage company to work for by National Mortgage News, is seeking a Mortgage Banker Assistant for our Chesapeake, Virginia office to join our team!
What you’ll be doing
- Daily contact with borrowers to collect items required for processing.
- Organizing client documents for new loan files and send to New Loan department; also sending requests for appraisals and title work.
- Requesting Certificates of Eligibility for certain loans as needed.
- Correcting any compliance items as needed and sending them to compliance to be cleared.
- Post-Closing tasks - preparing and sending letters to listing and selling agents, inputting agents into Total Expert and weekly email list, sending post closing emails and setting up clients for client connect cards.
- Ordering office supplies and keeping up with office tasks.
- Researching common client and agent questions about the mortgage industry.
- Assisting with marketing endeavors - pop bys and client communication.
- Serving as the gatekeeper to the Mortgage Bankers database and regularly updating it with new client information.
- Being a visionary with the ability to plan for potential changes in the industry.
- Event planning, coordination, and implementation - work with the Mortgage Banker to develop a customized strategy for their business.
- Requesting marketing materials as needed for agents.
- Developing and growing relationships with referral partners by staying top of mind.
- Creating unique customer appreciation marketing campaigns.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Knowledge of PC environments to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Good verbal and written skills. Strong social media skills, and database management.
- Professionalism and strong communication skills (both in person and via phone/email).
- Effective communication with the Mortgage Banker and all support teams
- Must be a self-starter.
- Extremely organized, detailed, and have the ability prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work with all levels and varying positions of staff.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the Mortgage Industry as a Loan Officer Assistant or Processor preferred.