On behalf of our Client who is a leader in process control using advanced inspection tools, metrology systems, and computational analytics, we are sourcing for an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
This is a R&D position within a dynamic and innovative team, focusing on new technology development for next generations of wafer inspection and metrology systems. The ideal candidate will be an individual contributor to develop the embedded software applications and drivers for designed systems, such as lasers and motions.
- Work together with scientists in CTO US and CTO SG to gain deep understanding of technical and engineering challenges of developed systems, such as lasers and broadband plasma; gather and analyze the overall system functions and features; generate the software design requirement, specification and test plan.
- Develop device drivers on embedded Linux to communicate and control devices, modules and feedback loops, such as motion controller, temp controller and photo detector.
- Implement the control algorithm, state machine, data logging and communication protocol with C/C++ on embedded Linux.
- Develop GUI for module operation, control, data logging, troubleshooting and other functions.
- Independently evaluate design and execute tests to meet the requirements in design spec.
- Work closely with other engineering group such as research scientist, electrical engineer, laser systems engineer and laser user to ensure flawless integration and test at the subsystem and system level.
- Create documentation and manage version control of source code.
- Address and resolve software issues through the product phases.
- Master's degree in computer/electrical engineering or related with at least 5 years of experience or
- Doctorate (Academic) in computer/electrical engineering or related with at least 3 years of experience
- Proficient in embedded C/C++ programming.
- Extensive experience in developing C and C++ applications running on Linux, RTOS or similar. Knowledgeable in real time operating system theory and concept.
- Experience in developing and troubleshooting drivers for peripheral such as Ethernet, USB and UART etc. on embedded device is desired.
- Experience in cross-compiling Linux for ARM environments (GCC toolchains).
- Having basic knowledge of FPGA or electronic hardware design is a plus
- Ability to work independently on software development and in collaboration with team on system level integration.
- A good team player with strong communication and presentation skills
Please send your updated CV in MS Words format to Christopher Wong (R1104673) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Christopher Wong | Registration No: R1104673