To carry out plant performance monitoring and plant testing to track plant performance status and identify performance shortfalls as well as improvement opportunities for necessary follow-up actions, so as to ensure that generation plants and equipment are operating at optimal output and efficiency.
1. Help ensure key generation plants and equipment like Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG) are operating at optimal output, efficiency and reliability
• Undertake plant monitoring and testing routines including the use of Gatecycle thermodynamics software, baseload performance testing etc.
• Identify performance shortfalls
2. Identify and justify plant upgrades and improvement projects for key generation plants and equipment like Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG)
• Identify Energy Efficiency improvement opportunities for possible implementation
• Carry out engineering studies/plant trials on technical feasibility of proposed plant modifications / enhancements / optimizations
• Help justify economically all upgrades/modifications from performance perspective
3. Plant performance reporting
• To extract relevant plant data from PI system for trend monitoring
• To analyze data / trends to draw meaningful observations
4. Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements under ECA (Energy Conservation Act)
• Collate necessary data from various sources including Ops generation returns, Environment GHG data, Energy Efficiency improvement projects, Finance gas invoices etc
• Arrange for yearly NEA site audit
5. Generation of Monthly Energy Conversion Factor for Gas/Energy Trading and Portfolio Management.
• To generate accurate Conversion Factor, with outliers and defective data removed for Gas Trading, Energy Trading, Portfolio Management teams.
• To obtain a CF of high degree of accuracy for Plants, so that they could be used as a good reference for the Company budget / portfolio optimization purposes.
• Bachelor degree in recognized university in Electrical or Mechanical or Process Engineering
• Preferably minimum 3 years’ experience in operation and maintenance environment in power plant or chemical industry.
• Understand the overall maintenance and engineering practices in a power station
• Knowledge in thermodynamics plant performance software is an advantage.
• Communication skills (spoken and written) for internal and external stakeholders management
• Analytical capabilities to analyze trends and patterns
• Knowledge in efficiency tracking tools such as gatecycle
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Lim Zi Cheng | Registration No: R2089949