- Our Client is a well-established US Manufacturing MNC.
- Responsible for the disposition of material according given demand in CIP’s (Continuous Improvement Project) and CSR’s (Customer Specific Requirement) and NPI (New Product Introduction), achieving lowest possible cost with shortest possible lead time, OTD (On Time Delivery) and up to our quality standards.
- To implement 6R of Logistics - Right Material, Right Price, Right Quality, Right Time, Right Place and Right Conditions.
SCM Team Lead
- Support senior level in managing SCM Asia.
- Functional supervises and oversees of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Team (Buying, Logistics and IQC).
- Ensure the maintenance of data in ERP-System.
- First level interface to local departments.
- Information sharing (team & site meeting).
- Plans and coordinates local SCM resources - incl. resource assignment and priority definition together with the client (e.g. project manager, department leader).
- Active participation in recruiting/introduction of new team members, exit of team members, target setting & rating of team members.
- Proactive improvement of the quality along the entire supply chain in close cooperation with all involved departments (Product Group, Research & Development, Material Management, Finance).
- Control and verify invoices with price deviations referring to PO.
- Make sure that all necessary SCM parameters (vendor data, contracts, warehouse, IQC) are given and stored properly and take appropriate actions whenever necessary.
- Monitor the supplier performance and conduct proper supplier assessments as well as prepare report and analysis.
- Work with the supplier to agree on corrective actions to resolve escalated issues (e.g. chasing supplier for OTD) or look for alternative suppliers when necessary.
- Issuing PO’s (Purchase Orders) or Call Off’s of QC’s related to quotations.
NPI’s (Project Buying)
- Execute NPI (New Product Introduction).
- Define supply chain inside projects together with commodity managers (SSM).
- Organize material for prototype (fast lane).
- Execute RFQ process (incl. benchmark and getting DFM’s).
- Negotiate prices based on open calculation, lead-time, landed cost, and total cost.
- Initiate QC’s (Quantity Contracts, e.g. for LLI’s) by launching PSR (pre-sourcing request).
- Organize phase in new products at Operational Purchasing in Asia (Malaysia and China).
- Degree holder in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Global sourcing (Asia focused, Asian supply market knowledge).
- Experience in supplier qualification, auditing and corrective action processes.
- Good communication skills; bilingual as to liaise with Chinese speaking suppliers/stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- Experience in SAP/R3 is a must.
- Possess excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to optimize the supplier relationship by combining supplier’s and internal processes, building trust, measuring and developing suppliers.
- Good understanding of the supply chain and of the critical production and assembly processes.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvements and to recommend improvements.
- Working Location: Science Park.
- Working Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8.30am to 5.30pm.
- Critical: Due to the organization's affirmed support and commitment to developing a Singaporean core, this role is only available to Singaporeans.
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 16614.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Novita Tan at firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA License: 09C3051 | EA Personnel: Novita Tan | Registration No: R1220374