A Strategic Buyer is responsible to achieve best possible cost savings while ensuring the most beneficial supply base for the company. This includes the strategic relationship, the contracting, performance review and improvement of the supply base.
- Commodity Management Modules & 3rd Party suppliers on a global base
- Negotiate contracts with non-product and product related suppliers (PR & NPR) with support and agreement from Director Strategic Supply Management Besi
Negotiate prices based on open calculation, lead-time, landed cost, and total cost (focusing on projects)
- Be an interface to the Product Group and ensure early involvement of Strategic Buying and suppliers into all relevant internal and external project activities
- Work with the supplier to agree on corrective actions to resolve escalated issues or look for alternative suppliers when necessary.
- Tight coordination with the local and global Material Management department, which is managing the Purchasing, the Logistics and the Incoming Quality Control (IQC)
- Make sure that all necessary purchasing parameters (vendor data, contracts) are given and stored properly and take appropriate actions whenever necessary.
- Prepare analysis and statistics to control and support the sourcing strategy and the strategic planning.
- Contribute to the definition, drive the implementation and executes the company’s Supply Chain Strategy (improve Asian / China content).
- Ensure the establishment of a competitive global supply chain which provides for sustainable reductions of total cost and integrates seamless into the purchasing and production (assembly) processes
Search, select, and qualify preferred suppliers to support the business requirements (improve Asian / China content).
- Proactive improvement of the quality along the entire supply chain in close cooperation with all involved departments (Product Group, Research & Development, Material Management, Finance).
- Ensure the availability of up to date supply market information. (focusing on Commodity Modules)
- Work according defined supply chain processes and use the tools listed in these processes.
- Supplier Qualification and Selection : Contributes to supplier development, qualification and evaluation within a cross functional teams
- Vendor Management : Build up and maintain global supplier portfolio
- Execute supplier performance management and qualification
- Creating and maintain global contract system which covers all type of suppliers.
- Relationship with Key suppliers, vendor and contractors
- Supply Market Analysis
- Diploma or Degree qualifications in Engineering-related discipline.
- Experience in global sourcing (Asia / China)
- Experience in supplier qualification, auditing and corrective action processes
- Able to optimize the supplier relationship by combining supplier’s and internal processes, building trust, measuring and developing suppliers
- Constructive and productive thinking in cost terms
- Experience in SAP/R3
- English and Chinese Language (fluent in written and speech)
- Analytical, systematic, thinking in networks
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and project management capabilities
- Strong negotiation skills coupled with ability to work independently
- High flexibility and positive reaction on „moving targets“ ( readiness for travelling)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Lim Zi Cheng | Registration No: R2089949