Our client is a dynamic Dry Bulk Operator. In view of expansion, they are currently seeking well experienced individual to join them as " Senior/ Chartering Manager (Dry Bulk)".
In this role, you will be contributing in the following areas :
- Be fully responsible for performing fixtures for the bulk vessels owned and chartered by the company, as well as sourcing vessels to perform its bookings
- Keep in constant contact with brokers, charterers and owners and will be using industry leading systems and methodology to enhance his/her performance.
- Be assigned to its best fitting market and client list to develop it further in the Handysize/Supramax/Panamax segments.
- Maximize earnings of the Operator business unit
- Develop business opportunities
- Make voyage calculations and compare possibilities in accordance with market trends and corporate policies
- Negotiating charter parties with charterers/operators/brokers
- Making charter party details available to operators
- Sourcing of single trip and short period tonnage
- Developing and maintaining client portfolio
- Traveling to conferences and/or shipping events
- Support the Chartering team in performance control and report Required Competencies
- Ideally, a Degree Holder.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in dry bulk chartering from a shipowner/operator setup
- Deep understanding of dry bulk market/trade pattern and movement
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels
- Team player who has the discipline to work along and meet pre-defined deadlines
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve
- Strong determination to grow within the business
To apply, please visit : www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 17138
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Eileen K | Registration No: R1109055