Our client is a dynamic Dry Bulk Operator. In view of expansion, they are currently seeking a well experienced individual to join them as " Commercial / Freight Operator (Dry Bulk)".
In this role, you will be contributing in the following areas :
- Be fully responsible for executing voyages fixed by the Chartering Team.
- Keep in constant contact with ship’s staff, port agents, shipowners and clients
- To pre-empt any potential disputes, ensuring that the voyage is executed safely, as well as minimise voyage costs so as to maximise voyage results.
- To ensure safe and smooth day-to-day operations of vessels chartered in.
- Co-ordinate with Chartering Team for calculating cargo intakes, maximising stowage, issuing instructions to ship’s masters and appointing local agents/port captains.
- Co-ordinate bunker supply, monitoring voyage performance of vessels.
- Provide updated port information and congestion, including highlighting any possibilities of loss in terms of time/efficiency.
- Appoint local agents and work with them in respect of issuance, release and collection of Bills of Lading
- Liaise with ships’ masters on voyage performance, cargo intakes, cargo operations and vessel safety issues.
- Liaise with Legal Department and P&I Clubs in case of any potential disputes
- Provide Chartering Team with voyage P&L’s at the end of each voyage and any notes for improving the results for subsequent voyages on such routes
- Support the Chartering team in performance control and report Required Competencies
- Ideally, a Degree Holder.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in dry bulk freight operating role from a shipowner/operator setup
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels
- Team player who has the discipline to work along and meet pre-defined deadlines
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve
To apply, please visit : www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 17139
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Eileen K | Registration No: R1109055