Our client is a global leader in the commodities trading & processing industry. Their customers include some of the world’s largest chocolate manufacturers, cocoa processors, coffee roasters and spice retailers. Currently, they are seeking a well experienced individual to join them as "Senior Trader or Managing Director (Coffee or Cocoa or Other soft commodities trading background)".
In this role, you will be contributing in the following areas :
- Overall Management of Company with accountability to Board of Directors & CEO
- Carrying out effective global strategies of the company as defined by the Board of Directors
- Putting in place all necessary tools for risk management
- Effective engagement with Board of Directors on important issues
- Building profitable trade opportunities in APAC for the group commodities (cocoa, cocoa products, coffee, ingredients etc), putting best efforts to develop destination markets and customers portfolio
- Negotiating and executing contracts with current customer base with most favourable conditions for the company
- Be up to date with local South East Asia market situations
- Maintaining banks’ relations
- Making proposals to management on current work flow improvement, internal process, warehouse management reporting etc
- Degree in relevant field with minimum 5 to 10 years experience in cocoa or coffee beans trading. Otherwise, senior trading experience in other soft commodities can be considered too.
- This is a succession planning role. The right candidate can look forward to succeed as Managing Director, subjected to good performance and management decision.
- Alternatively, this role is open to a good caliber candidate as Deputy MD or MD.
- Be well versed in soft commodities trading in terms of support functions such as back office, operations, documentation, shipping etc
- Knowledge of middle office and treasury : contract terms, positions, financing requirements etc
- Knowledge of risk management : risk position, FOREX exposure, Futures & Physical exposure.
To apply, please visit : www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 17277. Alternatively, you can do a “Quick Apply”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Eileen K | Registration No: R1109055