- Global MNC Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturer
- Work location: West
- Strong Commodity Experience in Electronics (PCBA, power supply, cables, sensors etc)
This role is will be accountable for the commodity management of PCB/ power supply / motor electronics throughout Asia region including China. This role is expected to evaluate supply capacity more in terms of quality of product output vs. cost incurred. Technically sound PCB experience to assess supplier strengths / weaknesses when doing the selection. Internally, this role expected to communicate with European R&D counterparts, understand their needs, to perform the sourcing in Asia region; most crucial is to break into China supply market.
- Commodity Management for electronic related material groups (PCBA, power supply, cables, sensor...etc) on a global base
- Negotiate contracts with non-product and product related suppliers (PR & NPR) with support and agreement from VP Strategic Supply Management
- Negotiate prices based on open calculation, lead-time, landed cost, and total cost (focusing on projects)
- Be an interface to the Product Group and ensure early involvement of Strategic Buying and suppliers into all relevant internal and external project activities
- Work with the supplier to agree on corrective actions to resolve escalated issues or look for alternative suppliers when necessary.
- Tight coordination with the local and global Material Management departement, which is managing the Purchasing, the Logisitics and the Incoming Quality Control (IQC)
- Ensure the establishment of a competitive global supply chain which provides for sustainable reductions of total cost and integrates seamless into the purchasing and production (assembly) processes
Search, select, and qualify preferred suppliers to support the business requirements (improve Asian / China content).
- Proactive improvement of the quality along the entire supply chain in close cooperation with all involved departments (Product Group, Research & Development, Material Management, Finance).
- Ensure the availability of up-to-date supply market information. (focussing on Commodity Modules)
- Relevant Electronics or Mechatronics educational qualification
- At least 5-10 years commodity management experience in in PCB/ power supply / motor electronics products
- Solid commodity management of PCBA ordering and manufacturing process (Key components, PCB technology, production process, testing methods, quality inspection etc.)
- Candidates with previous experience in PCB designing / layout drawings will have added advantage
- Experiance in global strategic sourcing in Asia; China supply market knowledge is a plus;
- Experiance in supplier qualifiaction, auditing and corrective action processes
- Proficient in using Excel up to V-Lookup for reporting, SAP and PLM
- Language proficiency in English and Mandarin to liaise with Chinese counterparts
- High flexibility and positive reaction on “moving targets“ (readiness for travelling)
To apply, please visit to www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 17969
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Alexandra at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Alexandra Calingo | Registration No: R1101491