- To achieve best possible cost savings while ensuring the most beneficial supply base for the company. This includes the strategic relationship, the contracting, performance review and improvement of the supply base.
- Commodity Management for electronic related material groups (PCBA, power supply, cables, sensor, etc.) on a Global base/capacity.
- Negotiate contracts with non-product and product related suppliers (PR & NPR) with support and agreement from VP Strategic Supply Management.
- Negotiate prices based on open calculation, lead-time, landed cost, and total cost (focusing on projects).
- Be an interface to the Product Group and ensure early involvement of Strategic Buying and suppliers into all relevant internal and external project activities.
- Work with the supplier to agree on corrective actions to resolve escalated issues or look for alternative suppliers when necessary.
- Tight coordination with the local and global Material Management department, which is managing the Purchasing, the Logistics and the Incoming Quality Control (IQC).
- Make sure that all necessary purchasing parameters (vendor data, contracts) are given and stored properly and take appropriate actions whenever necessary.
- Prepare analysis and statistics to control and support the sourcing strategy and the strategic planning.
- Contribute to the definition, drive the implementation and executes the company’s Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing Strategy (improve Asian/China content).
- Ensure the establishment of a competitive global supply chain which provides for sustainable reductions of total cost and integrates seamless into the purchasing and production (assembly) processes.
- Search, select, and qualify preferred suppliers to support the business requirements (improve Asian/China content).
- Proactive improvement of the quality along the entire supply chain in close cooperation with all involved departments (Product Group, Research & Development, Material Management, Finance).
- Ensure the availability of up to date supply market information (focusing on Commodity Modules).
- Degree in Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in PCBA ordering and manufacturing process (Key components, PCB technology, production process, testing methods, quality inspection, etc.).
- Experience in Global strategic sourcing (including Asia/China).
- Experience in supplier qualification, auditing and corrective action processes.
- Proficient in MS Excel and SAP/R3.
- Excellent bilingual communication skills, as this role would be required to liaise with China counterparts/suppliers.
- Possess good supply market knowledge and contracting.
- Ability to optimize the supplier relationship by combining suppliers and internal processes, building trust, measuring and developing suppliers.
- Good understanding of the supply chain and of the critical production and assembly processes.
- Constructive and productive thinking in cost terms.
- Excellent Project Management capabilities, with strong negotiation skills
- High flexibility and positive reaction on “moving targets“ (readiness for travelling).
- Working Location: West.
- Working Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8.30am to 5.30pm.
- Critical: Due to the organization's affirmed support and commitment to developing a Singaporean core, this role is only available to Singaporeans.
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 17974.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Novita Tan at email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA License: 09C3051 | EA Personnel: Novita Tan | Registration No: R1220374