- Perform field service activities according to the required job scope-More on Mechanical Engineering
- Carry out complex field service assignments on marine installations, both alone and as part of the team
- Follow up and participate in field assignments on Marine installations
- Install, commission and troubleshoot control systems for the propulsion equipment as well as other company products in both electrical, mechanical and hydraulic.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to the company’s Quality, Health, Safety and Environment guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Continual willingness to implement new ways of working and tools in daily work
- Keep track of work details and provide in-depth reports including all the necessary requirement and recommendations (measurement, photos, way of working, investigation, etc.)
- Proper documentation and reporting in such a way that the company has the proper records for any future warranty and insurance submissions.
- Ability and willingness to travel on short notice.
- Be ready with valid travel documentation, passports, visas and vaccinations as required to travel
- Actively requests supervisors when free for next assignment or task in workshop. Takes ownership and staying productively engaged.
- Safety: Follows safe working practices, conduct Risk assessment if necessary, on site prior to commencement of work. Strictly follows Safe Work Practices and Safety regulations on worksite or at the company’s workshop.
- Physical Demands: It is a physical demanding job. Extensive travelling is expected.
- Work conditions/ Environment: Works in a workshop environment and on-site (ships/ shipyards)
- Experience in low, high voltage automation, including PLC, VFD and Analog systems
- Engineering fundamentals concerning the control of mechanical systems both education and experience
- Understanding of hydraulic control is a plus.
- Rudimentary knowledge and experience with Marine Propulsion systems (Azimuth thrusters, tunnel thrusters) is an added advantage.
To apply, please visit to www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Code: 18157.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Lionel Liew at email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Lionel Liew | Registration No: R1330693