- Review written order form (medication chart, medication record or prescription) to determine the drug needs of the patient, ensuring that overdoses have not been prescribed, and with no toxic reactions from administration to the patients (contact physicians as necessary to review ambiguous or illegible prescriptions).
- Follow prescriptions as ordered by attending physician by adhering to correct measured amounts of medication, and compounding medications and preparing solutions and additives (if required).
- Explain directions for prescription use (drug therapy) to patients.
- Inform prescribers of any drug interaction, adverse drug reactions, contraindications (cautions).
- Assign, oversee and closely review the work of pharmacy assistants / technicians and purchasing officers, who are responsible for performing a variety of cognitive tasks.
- Maintain a shelf inventory of medications and pharmaceutical supplies, ensuring that storage is in accordance with security, environmental and product shelf-life parameters.
- Participate in Pharmacy education and development programmes (e.g. providing lectures to Pharmacy personnel, other hospital employees, students on attachments on pertinent topics).
- Perform other pharmacy-related duties or ad-hoc quality departmental projects/activities as assigned by the Director/Reporting Officer.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited college by Singapore Pharmacy Council.
- Registered with the Singapore Pharmacy Council
- Flexibility to work on weekends/public holidays occasionally.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Lionel Liew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Lionel Liew | Registration No: R1330693