- Our Client is a well-established Japanese MNC.
- Providing all business and legal affairs support required by the business and corporate functions across the covered countries. This includes being a trusted and key advisor to the business - delivering first-hand and professional business and legal affairs support on matters of key strategic, financial and reputational importance to the business.
- You will work closely with the Compliance & Internal Audit department to manage, improve and control all legal activities to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulatory requirements in Asia Pacific in general and in the covered countries in particular.
- Provide prompt legal advice and services in an efficient, value-added and approachable manner in alignment with customer priorities established by the Regional Management Team.
- Draft, review and negotiate software licenses, resale and vendor/supplier contracts, sales contracts on a daily basis in accordance with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from internal clients across functional groups, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can understand and apply.
- Advise on legal issues and risks related to compliance (e.g. around anti-bribery and data privacy), approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy.
- Advise on labour-related matters.
- Identify and address risks and issues in the daily business operations to ensure a consistent Company's position in a manner consistent with the internal processes.
- Mitigate risk while fully appreciating the commercial opportunity presented by the transaction.
- Advise on IP and other issues related to brand protection.
- Educate the internal team as well as external business partners to ensure that they have the required understanding of, and ownership interest in, the various risks related to the business.
- Provide corporate governance while meeting legal and statutory requirements as governed by the relevant law.
- Ensure all corporate filings are made accurately and on time.
- Report company activities effectively and in accordance with the local legal requirements.
- Act as a company representative for matters requiring legal support.
- Review and authorize all company legal activities related to audit, finance and legal requirements.
- Keep all Intercompany agreements up to date and in accordance with the local tax requirements of the entities.
- Manage outside counsel spend on a matter-by-matter basis, and support Company’s indirect spends savings initiatives.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) is required.
- At least 5 to 6 years' PQE experience at a Law firm and as in-house Counsel.
- Prior experience in compliance programmes, as well as in development, manufacture and sale of information equipment environment preferred.
- Strong presentation and communication skills - clear communicator with a good ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner in both writing and in person.
- Proven track record as an effective and passionate team player within high performing cross-functional teams.
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
- Possess technical excellence and a practical approach, with the ability to work professionally and under pressure to navigate through a complex organisation and providing accurate legal advice without losing sight of the business perspective.
- Excellent organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Twelve (12) Months' Contract.
- Working Location: West.
- Working Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8.30am to 5.30pm.
- Critical: Due to the organization's affirmed support and commitment to developing a Singaporean core, this role is only available to Singaporeans.
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 18403.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Novita Tan at email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA License: 09C3051 | EA Personnel: Novita Tan | Registration No: R1220374