- Our Client is a well-established Japanese Manufacturing MNC.
- To ensure material planning, production planning and purchasing processes are in place to enable operational and production continuity.
- Lead to coordinate and working closely with internal and external parties to ensure the supply of materials is in place to satisfy production requirements.
- This role holds people and budgetary management responsibilities.
- Interfacing with customer service on all WIP status and ensuring timing status updates.
- Buying optimization, store allocation, pricing optimization (from multiple sources, convert Purchasing Function to one based on Demand Forecasting model used).
- Working with finance to ensure budget purchase plan can be supported vs factory capacity.
- Managing WIP status issues and directing other functional teams to ensure procurement, CS/Logistics, Production, ME, QA and other departments are pro-actively resolving WIP issues in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in any change activities such as new product introductions, site transfers, packaging changes, format harmonization, etc. to optimize supply and minimize business impact from a supply perspective.
- Manage inventory risk and ensure that contingency plans are in place.
- Seek and recommend solutions to overcome issues arising in order to meet production requirements and address operational risks.
- Design, develop and implement flexible solutions to aid business efficiency, drive process improvements and add value.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system in place is effective and that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required.
- Ensure the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and inventory accuracy at all times and manage and control inventory levels and movements.
Direct/Indirect Material management
- Direct material (COGS) purchasing, indirect material PO management including consumables, services, etc.
- Scheduling of raw material delivery.
- Coordinating raw material schedules with production planning.
- Inventory control of raw material.
- Ensuring policy guideline compliance.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Monitor and ensure that staff under supervision maintain accurate material schedules to get the right materials on site at the right time.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required avoiding disruption to production.
- Take lead on internal and external relationships to ensure consistent, timely and effective communication regarding material availability.
- Liaise with stakeholders on product change requests and review and communicate the impact on material planning and schedules.
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Ensure effective material planning implementation takes place relating to the changes.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant discipline.
- At least 10 to 12 years' experience in Supply Chain Management, preferably in a Global company, fast evolving environment - Medical and Pharmaceutical industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Supply Planning and other aspects of SC including RCCP, Master Scheduling, Forecasting, Demand Planning and S&OP, Purchasing.
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical capabilities and resourceful with a relentless customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player who can collaborate cross functionally.
- Experience in handling supplier relationships.
- Strong IT/ERP systems knowledge and equipped with Advanced Excel skills.
- Good working knowledge and experience of using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems or similar.
- Knowledge of Lean techniques would be highly preferred.
- 15% travelling is expected/required.
- Working Location: Tuas (Transport pick-ups are provided from/to Boon Lay, Choa Chu Kang and Pioneer MRT).
- Working Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8.30am - 5.30pm.
- Critical: Due to the organization's affirmed support and commitment to developing a Singaporean core, this role is only available to Singaporeans.
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 18593.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Novita Tan at email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA License: 09C3051 | EA Personnel: Novita Tan | Registration No: R1220374