- Reviews tender and project specifications and highlight technical queries or deviations.
- Performs basic design and detailed engineering, including preparation of engineering documents, data sheets and sketch of the P&ID & system architecture drawings in accordance with the submission schedule
- Selection and review sizing of flow elements, final control elements, ESD valve/actuated valve with electric /pneumatic actuators and other instruments.
- Selection of Flow Computers, PLC Panel, Junction Boxes, Cables, Cable Glands, Tubing, fittings, etc. and preparing Bulk items (Cables, tubing, etc) BOM
- Preparing purchase specification and RFQ documents in accordance with project requirements for all instrument items.
- Evaluates vendor’s proposals and quotations to ensure specification and documentation compliance, assist in procuring instruments in accordance with project requirements and applicable codes.
- Reviews and approve vendor's documentation and drawings to ensure conformance to project requirements as well conduct staged inspections at vendor's workshop and inspection of received goods.
- Preparing and guiding designer/draftsman for preparing all construction drawings like Instrument Hook-ups, Cable block diagram, wiring drawings, Instrument Support drawings, Cable tray/trench layout, Instrument/Junction box plan & location layout, etc as per the project requirements. Reviewing skid 3D modeling.
- Supervises the instrumentation work during fabrication and assembly of the package.
- Prepares FAT & SAT procedures and take the lead in conduction internal and external FAT, together with onsite field and service engineers.
- Helps project manager in project coordination, execution and follow-up.
- Provides guidance to Engineering Apprentice or Assistant Engineers as required.
- Coordinates with Mechanical Engineer and Project Administrator, as well as with customer on technical matters for successful completion of the project.
- Provides support to Document Controller for Project Final Documentation compilation.
- Provides support to Proposal & Sales team for all the bidding projects.
- Responsible for handling customer meetings, HAZOP studies, etc
- Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering/ Control Engineering.
- Conversant with international codes and standards applicable for flow measurement systems and ability to execute tasks independently.
- Knowledge in Control Panel, DCS, SCADA system, RTU, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design/project execution of gas metering and instrumentation systems for natural gas industry.
- Hands-on experience dealing with some of these products: skids, metering, regulators, flow computer, ultrasonic meter, orifice meter, coriolis meter, gas chromatograph, actuators
- Good knowledge of PC application programs.
- Good personality, good interpersonal and communication skills, good analytical skills and judgmental skills.
- Willing to travel overseas for customer meetings, site activities, etc. (Only where required)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Tan Wai Peng | Registration No: R1104671