- Design efficient processes that integrate service providers, information, and material flow to ensure timely delivery to our manufacturing operations, spare parts services, and finished goods customer deliveries within Asia Region.
- Create metrics that measure service levels, financial transportation performance, and service provider level adherence. The metrics will be used forecast future requirements that anticipate market changes. The position will develop and maintain transportation routes to maximize effectiveness, efficiency, and space requirements.
- Develop a dynamic team that will be able to scale to the operational needs of the company. This role regularly requires external contacts to build relationships, review performance, resolve issues at root cause and drive improvements.
- Analyzes and reviews Operations key performance indicators to identify opportunities for improvement, determine root cause, and develop plans to resolve; leads execution of the resolution.
- Creating and implementing transportation policies and procedures; including preferred methods and measurements, processes, costs, service provider quality control.
- Understand and then design the routing requirements in a Transportation Management System
- Provides knowledge and direction on the ways multiple operations and visibility systems interact. Guide the daily planning team accordingly.
- Leads operational transportation resolution on destressed orders.
- Facilitates ongoing efficiency improvements.
- Evaluates model flow results and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Researches and recommends continuous improvement opportunities for the operation based on external benchmarking and industry best practices.
- Responsible for the Transportation program governing all aspects of our import and export activity. Includes supervising Logistics team members and their daily activity.
- Responsible for the accuracy of shipment data; including product documentation; to partner with our Trade Operations and Supply Chain teams to proactively address compliance issues.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree
- More than 15 years of experience in related logistics/ transportation experience, on a regional level
- Experience with installing efficiency improvements
- Transportation Management Systems use preferred
- Global and/or Regional transportation experience preferred
- International Airfreight experience required
- Proven understanding of statistics and strong analytic skills
- Knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma principles and standard project management processes
- Intuitive ability to recognize innovative opportunities
- Possess management skills including team facilitation, training, and motivation
- Knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of the organization
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 18901.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact XinYi at email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 09C3051 | EA Personnel: XinYi | Registration No: R1328898