- Together with Production Superintendent, conduct daily handover meeting together with Shift Superintendent and day staffs. Proper guidance and daily work instruction give to shift teams and make arrangement for maintenance works.
- Monitor process and equipment conditions closely using DCS, PI trending or shift reporting, in order to ensure plants are operating safely, smoothly and at optimum conditions.
- Together with Production Superintendent, troubleshoot on process and/or equipment and providing solution/alternate way to resolve the matter. Conduct root cause analysis on incident to prevent recurrence.
- Work closely with Production Superintendent, M&E and shift superintendent to decide on importance/urgency of maintenance issues, safe preparation of equipment to handover to M&E and safe handover of equipment back to production
- Together with Senior Production Assistant, to manage sub-raw materials inventory.
- Together with Senior Production Assistant, to process complex utilities monthly transaction.
- Together with Production Superintendent, follow-up in safety inspections, unsafe conditions reporting and observation / intervention on unsafe acts.
- Follow-up with any safety findings raised in safety committee meeting after discussing with Production Superintendent and relevant support functions.
- Together with Production Superintendent, conduct joint safety assessments with other support functions (e.g. Risk assessment, HAZOPs etc.) when required.
- Promote good safety culture and awareness in the team members.
- To work closely with Engineers and M&E to improve operations/process to achieve better than budget unit consumption, higher MMA production, lesser consumption, lesser environmental emissions or improvement in process safety
- To initiate or assist Engineers or M&E for plant modifications via Management of Change (MOC) procedure.
- To ensure MOCs are close-out, communicate to shift teams and ensure documents are updated (e.g. PIDs, SOPs etc.)
- Manage the “Ideas” system by evaluating the suggestions with Production Superintendent and liaise with other support functions to execute when found feasible.
- Nitec/Higher Nitec/Diploma in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Process Technology, or equivalent.
- 8 years or more of relevant experience in a chemical industry with at least 2 years of supervisory skill
- Familiarity of direct C4 Oxidation process to manufacture MMA monomer will be advantageous
- Familiarity of utilities (e.g. cooling water, dry compressed air, purified water, flare system, power distribution) and wastewater treatment will be advantageous
- Good knowledge on unit operations, instrumentation and DCS
- Knowledgeable on Risk Assessment and HAZOP
- Knowledgeable on ISO9001 and ISO14001.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Lionel Liew at email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Lionel Liew | Registration No: R1330693