- Global Chemical Processing Plant MNC
- Work location: West
- No shift work; Normal Mon- Fri 8am to 430pm
- To assist the production superintendent to manage the production and operational activities of monomer plant and common utility plant, in order to ensure safe, stable and optimized conditions of the operating units, as well as consistent on-spec product quality and complying with environmental requirements
- Monitor process and equipment conditions closely using DCS, PI trending or shift reporting, in order to ensure plants are operating safely, smoothly and at optimum conditions
- Work closely with Production Superintendent, M&E and shift superintendent to decide on importance/urgency of maintenance issues, safe preparation of equipment to handover to M&E and safe handover of equipment back to production
- Assist Production Superintendent to check on reporting/recording and accuracy of analysis results (in-process, final product and process discharge). Monitor online PGC and analyzers. Advise and adjust process parameters based on analysis results or PGC/analyzers
- Assist Production Superintendent in managing ISO9K and ISO14K systems
- Assist Production Superintendent in internal and external audits (e.g. ISO, Insurance, Responsible Care etc.)
- Together with Production Superintendent, follow-up in safety inspections, unsafe conditions reporting and observation / intervention on unsafe acts.
- Follow-up with any safety findings raised in safety committee meeting after discussing with Production Superintendent and relevant support functions.
- Together with Production Superintendent, conduct joint safety assessments with other support functions (e.g. Risk assessment, HAZOPs etc.) when required
- Assist Production Superintendent with M&E on planning and execution of shutdown maintenance equipment workscope (e.g. overhaul, servicing etc.)
- Assist Production Superintendent to coordinate with various support functions and execute shutdown maintenance activities
- Nitec/Higher Nitec/Diploma in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Process Technology, or equivalent.
- 8 years or more of relevant experience in a chemical industry with at least 2 years of supervisory skill
- Familiarity of direct C4 Oxidation process to manufacture MMA monomer will be advantageous
- Familiarity of utilities (e.g. cooling water, dry compressed air, purified water, flare system, power distribution) and wastewater treatment will be advantageous
- Good knowledge on unit operations, instrumentation and DCS
- Knowledgeable on Risk Assessment and HAZOP
- Knowledgeable on ISO9001 and ISO14001
To apply, please visit to www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference:19053
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Alexandra: firstname.lastname@example.org
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Alexandra Calingo | Registration No: R1101491