On behalf of our Client is in the port operations industry, we are sourcing for a Senior Technical Manager.
Being a key member of the Global Network & Terminal Infrastructure team, the Senior Manager will be responsible in the area of design, deployment and operation of IT Infrastructure supporting various production system and development system within the organisation.
He/ she must have an in-depth understanding of the technology, trend and technical components of the Organisation’s IT Infrastructure environment and be able to provide technical advisory. IT solutions supported include (but not limited to); IBM Power Server, Redhat Linux, Oracle Linux, AIX, Microsoft Window Servers, Microsoft Azure Cloud, Oracle Cloud and Cisco routers/ switches.
He/ she must collaborate with a large team throughout the Organisational Group IT and external vendors. The collaboration is both prior to any deployment of equipment, software, applications, IT policies or processes and in post-deployment, development of improvements plan or procedures. This demands very high levels of communication skills and diplomacy, a passion for problem resolution, solution derivation, project management, attention to detail, and a round-the-clock service orientation.
- Manage the effective and efficient operations of the IT Infrastructure & Operations function and ensure department alignment with the organizations business operations.
- Manage the Enterprise Platform & Cloud team and provide leadership ensuring that all team members are motivated, coached and developing their skills and experience.
- Project management which includes project scoping, schedule development, monitoring, tracking, control, risk identification, mitigation and ensuring quality of deliverables and costs.
- Identify potential area for automation and driving it to execution.
- Manage outsourcing relationship, comply with organisation governance and resolve contractual disputes.
- Prepare RFP specifications to procure goods and services. Evaluate and select the right outsourcing partner at the right cost.
- Prepare detail setup/ configuration documentation/ standards for software/ system rollout.
- Perform quality assurance for any infrastructure deployed at the Terminals.
- Co-ordinate and manage all security activities that is required to safe guard the IT computing assets.
- Facilitate audits on organisation applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing or equivalent
- At least 8-10 years (for Manager) / 10-12 years (for Senior Manager) of experience in IT operation and support
- Highly competent with 4-5 years hands-on experience in RHEL Linux, Ansible IT Automation, RedHat Openshift and Microsoft Azure
- Possess a good understanding of Networks, Servers, Operating Systems (eg Windows Server), Databases, and Applications support
- Experienced in containerisation
- Hands on scripting knowledge is an advantage
- Experienced in managing outsourcing contracts
- Experienced in producing effective RFP specifications and familiar with tender purchase process
- Effective communication skills with all levels of users, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate ability to co-ordinate a diverse set of resources and teams, ensuring focus upon a set of agreed business goals/objectives
- Willingness in demonstrating engagement with the delivery of change and the introduction of new initiatives
Additional Job Information
If you are keen in this role, you may also send us your updated CV in MS Words format to Christopher Wong (R1104673) at email@example.com for review and we will arrange for a convenient time to speak more.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Christopher Wong | Registration No: R1104673