- Our Client is a well-establishe US Medical Devices MNC.
- One (1) Year Contract.
- Responsible for contacting customers on a daily basis on outstanding payments, day to day processing of financial transactions and ensures that Accounts Receivable (A/R) is updated in an effective and accurate manner in the system.
- Responsible in monitoring Credit control by working closely with Sales and Customer Service personnel and ensuring an effective and efficient credit control process.
- Perform day to day processing of financial transactions and ensure that Accounts Receivable (A/R) is maintained in an efficient, up-to date and accurate manner.
- Monitor credit control and monthly debt collection performance.
- Conduct daily processing of incoming cheque and direct receipts, post and reconcile customer payment to GL, including daily A/R batches, reverse customer advance deposit.
- Work closely with sales and customer service personnel pertaining to the credit control function, constantly review and improve the order release process to ensure an effective and efficient credit control process.
- Conduct monthly credit review and risk assessment meetings with Finance Manager, Sales and Management to understand and limit company’s exposures via specific action plans agree at those sessions.
- Ensure Invoices and statement of accounts and reminder letters are sent out according to schedule.
- Assist in collection from the customer and attend to customer’s inquiries in respect to outstanding balances owing to us.
- Maintain good rapport with clients and resolve disputes with them professionally and efficiently.
- Compute any rebates to be paid to customers.
- Maintain Customer Master data.
- Diploma in Accountancy.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Accounting (AR) and Credit control.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge in SAP (and other full-scale ER software), preferably in Accounts Receivable module.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Organized and meticulous, ability to closely pay attention to detail.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- Working Location: Central.
- Working Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8.30am to 5.30pm.
- Critical: Due to the organization's affirmed support and commitment to developing a Singaporean core, this role is only available to Singaporeans.
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 19374.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Novita Tan at email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA License: 09C3051 | EA Personnel: Novita Tan | Registration No: R1220374