Our client is a reputable brand in the international engineering industry. In view of expansion, they are currently seeking a well experienced candidate to join them as "Head of Engineering (Port/Terminal/Heavy Industry Engrg)(Based in Saudi Arabia)".
In this role, you will be responsible for the following :
- Provide direction and monitor the engineering functions to achieve maximum efficiency and optimal operating levels within agreed cost budgets and available technology for meeting business targets.
- Develop tactical strategies and action plans that are aligned with business targets.
- Monitor major equipment KPIs to ensure maximum efficiency is achieved to support terminal operation.
- Manage maintenance, power and fuel costs to achieve optimization while not exceeding budget.
- Continuously review equipment and facilities maintenance procedures to ensure the required reliability level is uphold and compliant with the latest statutory requirement.
- Work closely with functional counterparts within the Group globally to benchmark engineering performance and to exchange on experience and best practices.
- Work closely with local partners to protect the Group's interest including capital expenditure control, strategic parts purchase and equipment/facilities upgrade projects.
- Continuously review and improve engineering related internal processes including procurement, tendering and store inventory as well as asset management strategy on equipment upgrade, replacement, disposal or addition.
- Develop and implement staff development & training programs to strengthen technical knowledge, skills, and competency.
- Maintain relationship with local port group counterparts and local engineering institutions to keep abreast of engineering development within the industry and to assess possible impact on the Group's investment in the local business unit.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- Solid technical know-how in heavy industry engineering projects as well as equipment management.
- Knowledge in container handling cranes' engineering and systems.
- People and contractor management experience required, preferably in an organization with comparable scale of operation.
- Basic knowledge in financial management such as budget preparation and control.
A more detailed job description will be shared with the shortlisted candidates.
To apply, please visit : www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 19636. Alternatively, you may do a “Quick Apply”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.