- Manage and Co-ordinate the daily operations including freight, Customs Clearance and local transportation arrangements
- Ensure the correct mode, timing of shipments, and the correct carrier is used, to meet customer requested delivery date
- Work with external service providers such as freight forwarders, shipping lines, warehouses and internal functions such as customer service representative (CSR), and product planners to effect shipments, be it domestic or export.
- Resolve any operational execution matters in order not to have impact on customers, and Communicate any possible delays to appropriate parties, and where possible, provide alternatives.
- Work with Global and Regional Logistics, CSRs, and Product Planners on imports and domestic distribution to help resolve any issues faced on Customs Clearance and Import paperwork.
- Report any additional transport related cost to supervisor and finance team. He/She will also provide any insights on systemic customer delivery challenges, or port congestion to management.
- Co-ordinate customer insurance claims where shipments are impacted upon arrival, liaise with surveyors and insurance agents on all claim matters impacting customers. He/she will handle all supplier claims for all modes of transportation and ensures that all are handled professionally, impartial and in a timely manner.
- Investigate complaints/non-conformances related to service and delivery reliability impacting customers; reply and document preventive actions. He/she will liaise closely with the Complaint Advocate and the service providers for on-time complaint resolution, meeting the set goals and responsible for flawless customer claim investigation.
- Degree holder
- At least 2 to 5 years’ experience working in a similar position or related industry, preferably with regional experience
- General knowledge of logistics service provider operations, financial conditions, personnel, industry trends, rules, and regulations
- Knowledge of general logistics industry
- Proficient in MS Office applications and SAP R3 (Preferred)
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task and deliver high quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-focused and commercial attitude
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Good relationship building skills, both internally and externally
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 20028.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact XinYi at email@example.com.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 09C3051 | EA Personnel: XinYi | Registration No: R1328898