Our client is an established Shipping MNC. Currently, they are seeking a suitably qualified candidate to join them as " Assistant Manager (Stowage Planning)”.
This role will primarily be tasked with the following responsibilities :
- Responsible to produce best in class stowage for all operated vessels.
- Responsible to ensure all safety guidelines are met including stowing of Hazardous and Dangerous commodity
- To ensure Marine Operations are following Statutory and Local Port Regulation.
- Design and Develop stowage plan to maximize crane intensity for each class of vessels.
- Develop and deliver programs for sustained higher crane productivity utilizing cycling, twin picks, or tandem lifts.
- Provide Pre-plan for each vessel within the agreed timeframe, taking into the account of the complexity and variable cargo presentation.
- Turnaround vessel in the shortest period to reduce port time
- Maximize vessel profile resulting in revenue increase.
- Maximize revenue cargo and eliminate unnecessary deadweight
- Ensures stowage of vessel’s in compliance to International and in-house regulations
- Prepare pre-plan stowage for vessel loading at individual ports and provide specific stowage instruction to satisfy optimum stowage.
- Liaise with local on the stowage constraints and DG department on restriction or regulation
- Degree/Diploma in Nautical Studies or equivalent
- Min 5 year stowage planning in a shipping company
- Min 2 years of Ship Planning of large container vessels beyond 5000 Teus vessels
- Computer literate and competent in MS Office applications
- Stowage Planning tools (StowMan/MAC3) knowledge
- Strong team player with high collaboration skills
- Ability to manage small team of stowage planners
- Strong in communication skills – both written and spoken – to present problem, concepts and solutions effectively
- High degree of organization, planning and time management skills
- Resourceful, independent and capable of critical thinking
To apply, please visit : www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 21045. Alternatively, you may do a “Quick Apply”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Eileen K | Registration No: R1109055