Our client is a Global Shipping Group with more than 150 years of Maritime experience. Currently, they are seeking a well experienced candidate to join them as "Dry Bulk Analyst ”.
This role will primarily be tasked with the following responsibilities :
- Working alongside with the Drybulk Team Lead to meet deliverables
- Primarily involved in dry market research and analysis, both quantitative and qualitative
- Keep current with key political and economic developments as they relate to the global dry bulk commodity
- Identify and analyze dry shipping trade-flows and economic data to gauge freight outlook (mid/long-term)
- Conduct supply and demand analysis in the Pacific and Indian Ocean region to predict short-term freight outlook
- Provide timely and relevant market information to the brokers so that they can value-add to their clients
- Produce and update various market reports in conjunction with changing market developments
- Cross-collaboration with other analysts to develop new product offerings for the group’s Research’s portfolio
- Continually look at novel ways to improve in-house internal systems, data collection and the delivery of our analysis
- Provide general assistance with a variety of ad-hoc analytical requests from brokers / clients
- Additional ad hoc duties as delegated by the Team Lead to meet the needs of the business
- Degree/Masters in Maritime Studies/International Trading or Economics or other related field
- 1-3 years of working experience in a shipping / commodity trading role
- Research domains can be : iron ore, coal, grains, dry freight or ffa or others
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office products (including MS excel, powerpoint and word)
- Good competencies in Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization skillsets would be advantageous
- Sound understanding of commodity fundamentals and markets, including cross-commodity relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to synthesize accurately and present quantitative and qualitative information to the relevant audience
To apply, please visit : www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 21064. Alternatively, you may do a “Quick Apply”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Eileen K | Registration No: R1109055