- Independently prepares detailed and optimized mechanical designs of high-power electronics packaging and vacuum chambers.
- Own the design and documentation of sheet metal, injection-molded, and machined parts.
- Participates in a multi-disciplined design team and is active in supporting new platform development activities. Design team interaction with Asia locations and within the US.
- Makes mathematical calculations to determine dimensional and positional variation (tolerance stackups) for mechanical components.
- Engineering simulation experience, including thermal, structure, and fluid-flow.
- Experiment design and data acquisition, such as temperature measurements, stress/strain measurements.
- Takes into account solid material properties, behaviors, and failure modes of: polymers, metals, and ceramics.
- Design and carry out experiments to assess component durability or performance.
- Interacts with manufacturers to produce manufacturable and cost-efficient parts.
- Considers method of fabrication during the design process – including machining, grinding, and forming – in order to produce a manufacturable, optimized design.
- Provide guidance to Mechanical Designers and Drafters.
- Participates in the manufacturing and re-work of prototype parts, including 3D printing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or another related Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of related design experience in the semiconductor industry.
- Experience with plasma processing and manufacturing, knowledge of materials, purity, cleanliness required for semiconductor wafer processing.
- Must have experience with gas flow & vacuum equipment as applied to plasma processing.
- Advanced knowledge of Solid Works or other 3D modeling software.
- Good to have the Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5.
- Experience in thermal analysis, hand calculations, and engineering simulation software. Ansys preferred.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process in metal machining, sheet metal, injection molding.
- Prefer ability of scripting in Python or Matlab to support data acquisition and design simulation.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Novita Widjaja | Registration No: R22105960