Our client is a major Energy cum Commodities Trading MNC. Currently, they are seeking a well experienced individual to join them as "Technical Superintendent (Bunker or Oil Tanker)”.
- To superintend all technical and safety matters concerning Company vessels and to implement the technical and safety policies of the Company on these vessels.
- Carrying out repair maintenance and servicing of vessels to the instructions of the Technical Manager.
- Carrying out the negotiations with Class Surveyors relative to the surveys on board vessels, and reporting to the Technical Manager.
- Advising the Master and Chief Engineer of planned maintenance and maintenance work to be carried out by the ship’s staff and arranging this.
- Examining vessel’s machinery spaces with reference to cleanliness and the progress of maintenance by the ship’s staff.
- Carrying out damage surveys on vessels and completion of necessary costing, reports accounts, abstracts, etc.
- Proceeding to ports as may be necessary, on the instruction of the Technical Manager, for the purpose of supervising repairs and restoration of the Company’s vessels and equipment.
- Preparation of additional proposal for new regulations fulfilment if necessary with the approval of Regulatory Authority or Recognised Organization.
- Ensure ship is able to fulfil the regulations as above.
- Liaison officer and trainer for Cadet officer from Singapore Polytechnic
- Visiting vessel to carry out dry-docking
- COC Class 1 or 2 holders with sailing experience on oil tankers.
- At least 1 year experience as a Technical Superintendent in ship management operations.
- Foreign going Chief Engineer with sea experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and good organization skills
- Analytical, able to work independently, results-oriented, resourceful, and pro-active.
To apply, please visit : www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 21448. Alternatively, you may do a “Quick Apply”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Eileen K | Registration No: R1109055