Our client is a reputable name in the Shipping Industry. Currently, they are seeking a well experienced shipping professional to join them as "Country Head (Freight Forwarding)(with Business Development & Profit/Loss responsibilities)".
In this role, you will be contributing in the following areas :
· Responsible for the overall growth and profitability of freight forwarding business and ensuring commercial, operational and financial standards/targets are met.
· Achieve and outperform volume and revenue budgets/forecasts under Freight Forwarding businesses.
· Manage and retain existing customer base and grow new customer base with a view for year-on-year business and profitability growth.
· Enhance customer service experience.
· Maintain good relationship with vendors, feeder operators/agents, local shipping fraternity, other NVOCCs and / or competitors, and report prevailing market sentiments and developments to Principal on a timely manner in the form of market and sales analysis.
· Exercise due diligence in cost cutting measures, improving operational efficiencies and maintaining strong credit and cost control culture.
· Manage working capital of the business.
· Strategize and plan with Principal on initiatives to grow the company brand name.
· Travel for targeted customer visits and /or trade related fairs
· Lead in budgeting and forecasting activities.
· Motivate team members to work cohesively to achieve KPIs.
· Degree from a good University, preferably in Maritime or Logistics or related field
· Minimum 6-8 years of experience in container liner shipping business and in freight forwarding (mainly) business
· Demonstrable track record of leadership to be successful for this role.
· Preference will be given for candidates with combined Container Liner & Freight Forwarding (mainly) experience and international work experience.
· Results oriented with aspirations to grow with the organisation.
To apply, please visit : www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 21864. Alternatively, you can do a “Quick Apply”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Eileen K | Registration No: R1109055