Responsible for carrying out research activities in new product and process development using various additive manufacturing techniques for metals, polymers, and ceramics. The focus is metal powder bed fusion printing technologies.
- Operating the selected 3D printing machines for new product development which include material printability testing, process parameter optimization, pre and, post processing, etc.
- Perform powder and part characterization activities such as particle size analysis and metallography analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with the R&D, Manufacturing, and Product Development teams to develop AM processes for new and derivative products.
- Identify new opportunities for adopting 3D printing technologies in existing manufacturing processes and product design.
- Responsible for 3D printing machines, analytical and lab equipment running at optimal operation conditions with high standards of quality, and EHS requirements, conduct risk assessments of equipment periodically.
- Responsible for establishing procedures and key metrics to track and measure the project’s execution, progression, and maintaining timelines.
- Collaborate extensively with research institutes, universities, service providers, and internal R&D to identify AM projects which are aligned to the product technology roadmaps.
- Bachelor's or Master's in mechanical, Metallurgical, or Material Science Engineering discipline.
- At least 5-6 years of working experience in AM R&D, AM manufacturing, or other manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing technologies especially SLM, and Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) software will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of CAD (Solidworks or equivalent) and 3D printing process software.
- Able to work under limited supervision and handle multiple machines and willing to work in a metal/polymer powder environment.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment, keen to learn new skills, and actively contribute to R&D ideas and implementation.
- A hands-on and self-motivated team player with good communication skills.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Novita Widjaja | Registration No: R22105960