Our client, an US MNC Specialty Semiconductor product supplier, is currently seeking a talented Additive Manufacturing (AM) Engineer to be part of the research and development team in Singapore. This position will be responsible for carrying out research activities in new product and process development using various additive manufacturing techniques for metals, polymers, and ceramics. Main focus will be on metal powder bed fusion printing technologies.
- Carry out operations on selected 3D printing machines for new product development which include material printability testing, process parameter optimization, pre and post processing, etc.
- Perform powder and part characterization activities such as particle size analysis and metallography analysis
- Collaborate extensively with research institutes, universities, service providers, and internal R&D to identify AM projects which are aligned to the product technology roadmaps
- Work cross-functionally with the R&D, Manufacturing, and Product Development teams to develop AM processes for new and derivative products
- Identify new opportunities for adopting 3D printing technologies in existing manufacturing process and product design
- Maintain the AM lab and analytical lab to fulfill Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) requirements. Responsible for 3D printing machines, analytical and lab equipment running at optimal operation conditions with high standards of quality, environment, conduct risk assessments of equipment periodically.
- Responsible for establishing procedures and key metrics to track and measure project’s execution, progression, and maintaining timelines.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhDs in Mechanical, Metallurgical, or Material Science Engineering discipline
- At least 3 to 7 years of working experience in AM R&D, AM manufacturing, or other manufacturing environment
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing technologies especially SLM, and Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) software will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of CAD (Solidworks or equivalent) and 3D printing process software
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to handle multiple machines and willing to work in a metal/polymer powder environment
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment, keen to learn new skills, and actively contribute to R&D ideas and implementation
- A hands-on and self-motivated team player with good communication skills.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Tan Wai Peng | Registration No: R1104671