- To provide counselling for patient and family in their understanding of the diagnosis & its implication on ADL functioning, preparing them for the implications on his overall care, coping with illness and recovery and financial needs.
- To address patient’s and family’s acceptance of the diagnosis, change in roles, potential stresses and possible coping strategies with patient and family members, and to provide emotional support and motivate patient and family. Moving forward, to assist patient and family to set realistic and achievable goals.
- To identify and make referral to appropriate services based on the multidisciplinary team’s assessment and patient’s social circumstances and social goals.
- To explore and harness patient’s resources for the long term care plans. To facilitate family to make informed decisions, and ensure caregiver is competent and confident in the care before discharge home.
- To make referrals for long term step-down facilities where necessary and eligible, and to arrange for interim care.
- To participate in multidisciplinary ward rounds and case conferences to actively represent patients’ social, psychological and economic circumstances; to influence the team to act in the best interests of patients and families.
- To provide support through end of life issues that patients and families may be facing and work through their grief and bereavement journeys.
- Degree in Social Work; Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work; Master in Social Work
- Post-graduate qualification in Counselling or Family Therapy will be an added advantage
- Competent in IT skills and minimally bilingual
- All qualifying staff will need to be Registered Social Workers with Singapore Association of Social Work
- Committed and enjoy working as a team in a fast-paced, innovative and changing environment.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 23296
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 09C3051 | EA Personnel: Jackie Ng | Registration No: R22109024